Strong exposure to the nonwovens sector for over four decades has equipped Wellman with the advantage of understanding the technical nonwovens market thoroughly.
As the company has grown, so too has Wellman’s expertise in this broad, highly diverse market place. Within this market segment, Wellman specialises in specific market areas including CIPP (Cured in Place Piping), where we can offer both virgin and rPET material to meet the needs of this changing market.
Acoustic Insulation is also an area where Wellman have engaged in significant development work and have a number of highly effective tailored solutions to offer the market with our profile fibre range. Continued upgrading of our high melt bicomponent fibre range, has demonstrated enhanced dimensional stability and rigidity properties, giving distinct benefits in applications requiring these characteristics.
Outside of PET, Wellman utilise a number of polymers/additives/finishes to optimise the functionality of the final product. Our PA66 fibre range continues to expand in abrasive applications and for moulding fabrics for composite parts. Wellman believes that there is always a solution and thrives on the challenge of working in conjunction with the customer to minimise limitations.
Performance Benefits of Wellman Fibre
- Broad Range
- Increased loft and resilience
- Change of pore distribution size
- Increased scaffolding in matrix
- Good secondary crimp and crimp retention
- High amplitude for higher loft
- Crimp type to increase loft and resilience
- Influence in finish/resin take up
- Formulated specifically tailored for purpose
- Safe in Contact
- Functional – AM/AD, FDA, Oleophobic
- High permanent loft
- Better fillpower
- Can be optimised
- Liquid Management
- Vapour Management
- Functional Additives
- Colour Additives
- Temperature profiles on sheath
- Independent Validated
- Fibre and process Traceability
- Sustainable raw materials and processes that you trust in
Media and news updates