Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality (HSEQ) Policy
Wellman International Limited is Europe’s leading producer of multiple polymer and fibre types into the Hygiene & Healthcare, Technical Fibres, Automotive and Home & Apparel industries. Our goal is to deliver products and services that meet or exceed our customer’s expectations and enhance customer satisfaction..
It is our policy
- To provide products and services that meet or exceed the expectations of our customers
- To have a Leadership Team that provides direction, commitment and shared responsibility for establishing, implementing, integrating and maintaining the HSEQ Systems
- Through direction and support ensure each employee will have a clear understanding of the importance of their HSEQ responsibilities and how these relate to the success of the organisation
- To prevent injury or ill health to employees, contractors and visitors
- To manufacture our products in a sustainable and environmentally sound manner
- To work in partnership with our employees and other interested parties to ensure the highest standards of product quality, health & safety and environmental performance are achieved
- To fulfil all compliance obligations including all applicable national and international legislation and other applicable requirements related to HSEQ matters.
We are committed to
- The provision of quality products and exceptional customer service
- Maintaining a safe working environment
- The prevention of pollution
- The efficient use of resources
- The minimisation of waste
We will routinely identify the key HSEQ risks and opportunities relevant to our business and address these through the development of objectives aimed at delivering continuous improvement in HSEQ performance.
We will comply with the standards of independently verified management systems including ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 as well as other requirements where relevant.
We will reuse waste wherever practicable, promoting the use of recycled materials to reduce our environmental impact.
We will provide appropriate communication and adequate resources to ensure that all employees and other interested parties have the competency and awareness to actively promote the delivery of;
- product quality
- health & safety
- environmental performance
We will ensure that our HSEQ Systems are monitored, measured, analysed and evaluated regularly and we shall devote sufficient resources to ensure that this policy is implemented throughout the company.